My friend Erica is a true NYC Fanson, and I respect her so much for it. When we met up at Irving Plaza, I quickly realized that everyone at this concert was originally from NYC and knew each other only from having attended other Hanson concerts. I was in heaven.
- There was a search for MmmHops, which ended unsuccessfully.
- They sold Hansonopoly.
- All of my new friends have been Hanson fans since roughly age 13. They admitted to having mid-1990s photos of themselves in Hanson t-shirts at Hanson concerts.
- I saw someone order a beer, for the sole purpose of taking a photo while holding a beer at a Hanson concert.
- People were doing impressions of Isaac, and I heard this phrase more than once: “Ugh, another Isaac guitar solo?! Here we go again…”
- There was a musician on stage that had Weird Al hair.
- After the concert, a Mister Softee ice cream truck was parked at the exit, and there were people camping out for the following night’s concert. (Yes, Hanson had two concerts in a row.)